The CHED scholarship program is designed to help students enrolled in accredited public or private higher education institutions (HEIs). This helps to ensure that all children, especially the poor and worthy, have access to school.
The Higher Education Act ( 1994), or Republic Act (7722), established the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) on May 18, 1994. CHED, an administratively affiliated agency to the Office of the President, is led by a chairman and four commissioners, each of whom has a four-year tenure. The Commission En Banc serves as a consultative group for the formulation of higher education goals, programs, strategies, and the functioning of CHED.
You do not need to be afraid to pay your tuition or other incidental fees or other school costs if you’re a CHED scholar. Every semester, CHED scholars get a monthly allowance or stipend, distributed directly to the scholars or through the school/Higher Education Institution.
The CHED Scholarship Programs are open to eligible and worthy Filipino students, preferably those from specific groups such as the underprivileged and homeless citizens by Republic Act (RA) No. 7279 and persons with disabilities (PWDs) under Republic Act (RA) No. 7279. CHED Scholarship 2022-2023 is open to prospective first-year college students graduating from Senior High Schools.
CHED scholarship program 2022-2023:
Under the State Scholarship or Private Education Student Financial Assistance programs, a qualified applicant may be awarded a Full Scholarship (FS) or Half Scholarship (HS) (PESFA)
Full Merit (FS): intended for high school graduates with a general weighted average (GWA) of 96 percent or higher.
Half Merit (HS): It is intended for high school graduates with a GWA of 93 percent to 95 percent or its equivalent.
CHED scholarship courses:
The following are the priority courses:
● Engineering and Technology
● Agricultural and Bio systems Engineering
● Ceramic Engineering
● Chemical Engineering
● Civil Engineering
● Computer Engineering
● Electrical Engineering
● Electronics Engineering / Electronics and Communications Engineering
● Food Engineering
● Geodetic Engineering
● Industrial Engineering
● Manufacturing / Production Engineering
● Materials Engineering
● Mechanical Engineering
● Mechatronics Engineering
● Metallurgical Engineering
● Mining Engineering
● Petroleum Engineering
● Probiotics Engineering
● Sanitary Engineering
● Structural Engineering
● Aircraft Maintenance Technology
● Aviation Related Programs
● Engineering Technology
● Industrial Technology
● Mechatronics Engineering Technology Information Technology Education
● Computer Science
● Cyber Security
● Entertainment and Multimedia Computing / Game Development and Animation
● Information System
● Information Technology
● Library and Information Science Science and Mathematics
● Applied Physics / Physics
● Applied Mathematics / Mathematics
● Applied Statistics/ Statistics
● Environmental Science
● Human Biology
● Marine Biology
● Marine Science
● Molecular Biology and Biotechnology Architecture and Related Programs
● Fine Arts
● Interior Design
● Landscape Architecture
● Environmental Planning Business and Management
● Business Analytics (straight major)
● Hospitality Management/ Hotel and Restaurant Management
● Tourism Management/ Tourism
● Maritime Engineering Marine Transportation
● Secondary Education major in Science and Mathematics
● Culture and Arts
● Early Childhood Education
● Special Needs Education
● Sports and Exercise Science
●Health Profession Education
● Doctor of Dental Medicine
● Doctor Of Optometry
● Medical Technology / Medical Laboratory Science
● Nutrition and Dietetics
● Occupational Therapy
● Physical Therapy
● Radiologic Technology
● Respiratory Therapy
● Speech-Language Pathology
● Community Development
● Human Services (Guidance and Counselling) ● Indigenous Peoples Studies/ Education
● Peace Studies/ Education
● Social Work
●Multi and Interdisciplinary Cluster
● Data Science and Analytics
● Disaster Risk Management/ Climate Change
● Renewable / Sustainable Energy
To be eligible for the CHED scholarship program, applicants must complete all of the requirements listed below.
They must be a Filipino citizen, a senior high school graduate, or in the process of graduating, and the family’s gross income must not exceed four hundred thousand pesos (Php 400,000.00)
* You may only apply for one CHED scholarship or financial aid program, and you must not have completed any degree program.
CHED scholarship requirements:
When applying for the CHED’s student financial assistance program, you must submit the following documentation. Prepare scanned PDF copies of the necessary papers. Your location may need you to upload the documents or submit them through email or in person.
Academic Requirements :
- Senior High School Diploma: High school diploma for incoming freshmen pupils eligible for college. Candidate for Senior High School Graduation.
- Photocopies of grades in Grade 11 and the first semester of Grade 12 that have been duly verified as true copies.
CHED Scholarship Benefits
You are not responsible for covering your tuition. or other school costs if you’re a CHED scholar. Every semester, CHED scholars get a monthly allowance or stipend, distributed either directly to the scholars or through the school/Higher Education Institute.
CHED Scholarship Application:
An applicant must notify their school of the courses for which they are applying and then send an official letter from their school to the CHED Regional Office in the area where the application is being made:
The Commission is now accepting online applications. The application will include a link for each region. To submit your application, please click on the appropriate link for your region:
● Region 1- https://stufaps.chedro1.com/application/
● Region 3- https://chedro3.ched.gov.ph/chedro3stufap/
● Region 4- https://www.chedcalabarzon.com/csp
● Region 6- https://chedro6.com/
● Region 7- http://chedro7.com/csp/
● Region 8- https://www.chedro8stufap.com/
● Region 9- https://www.chedro9.com/
● Region 10- https://bit.ly/CHEDCSPRegionX
● Region 11- https://stufaps.chedroxi.com/
● Region 12- https://bit.ly/CHEDCSPRegion12
● CARAGA- https://csp.chedcaraga.ph/register
● BARMM (link not available yet)
● Responsibilities of a CHED Scholar
As a CHED scholar, you must enroll in designated priority programs at Private Higher Education Institutions (PHEIs), State Universities and Colleges (SUCs), or Local Universities and Colleges (LUCs) that have a Certificate of Program Compliance.
You must be a full or part scholar and have a GWA of at least 85 percent or comparable. The scholarship grant will be canceled if the GWA is not maintained. Within 15 days after receiving notice of the GWA, you can submit an appeal to the CHEDRO for consideration.
CHED Scholarship Deadline 2022:
The scholarship application period is from February 1 – April 15 of every year.
Also Check: GREAT Scholarship In UK